Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ouch! Boys will be boys


Jack has concurred staples in his head and now he has had his first concussion and he's not even four. Its crazy how it happened. We were coming back from getting the mail and Jack started running to catch up with his dad, but he wasn't the only one running to catch Landon, Yeller our dog, started to run and knock Jack flat on his face. We both heard Jacks' face hit the concrete. We took him inside and Jack started asking me questions like, when are we going to get the mail, why am I crying, and what happened to my head. Right then, I knew he had a concussion. So I took him to the doctor. At first the doctor wanted him to get a cat-scan, but Jack started to progress so, we stayed in the waiting for two hours and the doctor would come out every 1/2 hour to see how he was doing. We were so happy when the doctor said, I think he should be good to go! Wow all the experiences I am experiencing being a mom to a boy!

6 comments:

JanEtta said...

That is one big goose egg! Sorry it had to happen at such a young age - he'll probably not even remember it as he gets older.

Anonymous said...

that is horrible! I can imagine Landon yelling at the dog which makes me laugh ;) HA HA!

Laundry said...

haha. My dog knocked me down the stairs yesterday, so I sorta not really know how that feels. Poor kid. I'm glad it wasn't too serious though!

Melissa said...

Oh my heck! what a tough guy! Hey I found you from your comment on Elsha's :) I'm sorry we couldn't come to your birthday party! I hope you had a blast! Curtis loved seeing Landon the other day! have a good day and I'll be checking in on you! We should get together again soon!

Julie Flowers said...

Cinthia... Hey this is Julie Flowers and I saw your blog and was so excited. Wow we have had a few of those bangs of the head but no concussion's as of yet... Hopefully we won't have to. Jack is so tough and I can't believe how big Kate is already. Well maybe we can keep in touch on our blogs...at least. Yours is so cute, my blog is julieandbucky.blogspot.com if you want to check us out.

Fife Fam said...

funny stuff. If this is a foreshadow of what life will hold for you with Jack and his injuries.... I am scared for what is in store :) Jack is SUCH a good sport about it though. Love the blog background, you need to show me how to do it on mine ;)